Our approach is to:
- Build trust with the young people and that is key to the development stage both directly delivering services and as support to external specialist providers.
- Identify a range of learning needs and
- Identify suitable learning methods
We create an environment in which young people can learn because they want to. We offer one to one mentoring and support, ‘experiential learning’ methodologies which ensure that each individual has the opportunity to work on not only their communication skills but on creative problem solving also. That is, ‘learning’ mapped to accredited qualifications, developing bespoke projects which are interventions to the many issues and challenges and sign posting to specialist services.
The work encompasses the:
- Physical – By taking people out of their comfort zones
- Cultural – By unpacking their own issues and looking at the benefits of diversity
- Mental – By building people’s confidence and skills and helping them move from an “I can’t attitude” to “I will give it a go”.
The young people are encouraged to pursue an innovative programme of learning and development which offers life skills that are relevant in today’s global market and which promote:
- Positive Self-Identity, Empowerment
- Education, Employment, Social, Emotional and Cultural Competencies
- Community Involvement
- Health and Well-Being